Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A good first day back in the water

I had to look at my Suunto Mosquito dive computer to remember when I dove last (September 3, Niihau, Lehua Crater). Phew! I just got back from DEMA Sunday morning, 5:50 AM. Zero dark hundred AM. The flight left at 2:45 AM from Las Vegas (baby). I should be grateful, since everyone else took an afternoon flight which got in late Sunday night. I got the whole day Sunday to chill and recover. Max had 4 DSDs and I had 2 AOW students. A nice way to ease back into the dive biz. Jinger and Josh were great! They've been diving for awhile now; it was just time to earn the upper level certifications. Jinger nailed the navigation dive. Then we did an underwater photography adventure dive. To be honest, I've never taught this particular module before, so I was a little nervous. I've done enough u/w photography to be able to give them some basic pointers, however. Essentially this was their time for some supervised fun. So we poked around Anglers Reef for 50 minutes looking for critters and subjects to "bag." One of my favorite shots is a silhouette shot of Jinger going up the line at the end of the dive. I think this shot has a lot of drama to it. I usually try to take a shot or two like it every time I have a camera.

Post dive, post paperwork, we all trudged back to IDH, cleaned gear, did the billing and paperwork and by about 6:15 or so were rolling out the door. We had to go home, shower and change quickly, however; Matt had invited us to his house for dinner with Katie Samuelson and her familly who are in town visiting. The Samuelsons are every bit as cool as Katie and Matt outdid himself with the dinner spread. It was a great, mellow evening. Amy and I rode home in a semi-coma from the food (or maybe it was that third glass of wine).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home